• Research platform for research institutions and industry
• Unmanned and remote controlled ship machinery
• Ship machinery monitoring, simulation and predictive maintenance
• Navigation and collision prevention systems
• System integration tests, cyber security
• Operator’s virtual situational awareness, Virtual Twins
• Virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) solutions, design and demonstration caves for complex human-system interface design and decision making
• Testing in the difficult weather conditions
• Psychosocial aspects of remote control interfaces in control rooms and cockpits
Merchant ship in register
Building year: 2002
Manufacturer: Naviga NBS Oy
Length: 10,7 m, beam 3,4 m draught 0,9 m
Weight: 6 350 kg
2 x 280 HP / 206 kW diesel engine Iveco 8061 SRM 33
Fuel capacity: 2 x 250 litres + 160 litres
Top speed: 30 knots
Range: 200 nautical miles
Capacity: 12 persons (incl. the crew)
Crew: Shipmaster, deck hand, mechanic
• A full-scale test for the boat size vessels including the measurement of total resistance and floating position.
• Testing sensors and IoT components installed in the systems of the boat.
• The boat can be used as a testing platform for a data transfer of IoT components in their real environment at sea.
• A trial runs of a remote control and an autonomous test of a vessel are possible within limitations.
Turku University of Applied Sciences,
Faculty of Technology, Environment and Business
Mechanical and Marine engineering and Design, Turku
Contact: Ari Putkonen
tel. +358 50 5985815