Le-WARP environment is based on Wireless open Access Research Platform (WARP) developed by Rice University (http://warpproject.org). and it implements fully functional network layer on the board. Our Le-WARP design is using WLAN based reference design, which is operating on 2.4 or 5 GHz bands.
On top of link level research, routing capabilities makes it possible to create various networks with our environment, emulated cellular networks and Ad Hoc networks have been created in previous projects.
SRE can be used for:
• Emulating mobile networks
• Building Ad Hoc networks
• Testing and prototyping different PHY and MAC layer functionalities in real-time environment
• currently 5 pieces of WARP v3 (newest) and 9 pieces of WARP v2
• Le-WARP software design for both versions of the platform
• graphical user interface (GUI) to illustrate network behavior
• experts for using and modifying current system
• all necessary tools for programming the devices and measurement tools
• Visible Light Communication (VLC) capability is under development, it will enable use of hybrid systems where both RF and optical links are used for communication.
University of Oulu, Centre for Wireless Communications (CWC), Wireless Networking Laboratory (WNL), University of Oulu, Linnanmaa campus
Contact: Tuomo Hänninen
+358 50 575 8340